Saturday, August 31, 2013

The first few weeks

So I am a bit behind since school started a few weeks ago, but I now have a pretty good system going with one of my old students who comes to my classroom every morning to take my picture for me. When I saw her parents at Back-to-School night they said she was very excited to help me out! :-D
















This was my third day of school outfit since I wasn't able to ask my student for help till then. Because it has been so warm still I paired a sheer three-quarter length top with a nude cami underneath with black cropped pants. I also had to wear sandals which I normally DO NOT condone for teachers, but my first day of school shoes gave me a blister and all my shoes rubbed it! :(

















Another day of cropped pants. I do have one or two pair of shorts that I like to wear to school, but ALWAYS make sure that any time you wear shorts they are more than long enough! If you are unsure, skip it! Better to be safe than sorry when it comes to professional attire.
















These are my favorite school shorts and I've noticed that the idea of "Shorts Wednesday" from my elementary school days has stuck with me. I try to only wear shorts once a week unless the temperature is in the 100's, but even then I favor wearing a skirt over too many pairs of shorts. A skirt seems classier and more professional.
















This is a favorite top from Kohl's, I like this one so much I actually will wear it more than once in a school year, which I HATE to do. Of course I'll wear it with a skirt or black instead of brown pants and different accessories.

















I now officially have a black, tan, and brown pair of cropped pants. I like wearing them because they are more comfortable than wearing pants in warm weather and not as "fancy" as skirts can feel, especially during P.E..
















First time wearing my hair down for school! Normally it's not very functional to wear it down, but when it curls well it's fun to show it off. Almost every student at my school has straight hair, so it's fun to be different! :)

















Today was a day for fun accessories. I decided to wear my fun Perry the Platypus shoes which were a big hit, as well as my new angel wing earrings. This basic top will be less memorable because of wearing such fun shoes on the same day.

















Today was Back-to-School night, and since I wasn't going home between school and meeting parents I had to dress nice for school. I got this Banana Republic skirt in the quarter room at my mom and I's favorite thrift store over the summer. So cute and comfortable! It can also be worn as a high wasted skirt which makes it very wearable with a different top.

As you may have noticed I LOVE my accessories! Watch, rings, necklace, earrings, I love 'em all! You may have also picked up that I DO NOT like to wear the same thing twice, especially tops! If I can wear them with different accessories each time that is acceptable, but otherwise I won't wear it again till next school year. The ONLY way I can afford this is that I do a lot of my shopping at thrift stores. I know a lot of people only get costume pieces or think thrift stores are beneath them, but if you enjoy the hunt of finding a good bargain there are some great pieces out there with plenty of wear left in them just waiting for you to take them home! :) Enjoy! xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment